Waste Processing Facility, Nine Mile Point
This project delivered a 3,600m2 Solid Recovered Fuel (SRF) and Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) Production Facility at Nine Mile Point Industrial Estate, Cwmfelinfach, Wales. The waste plant will process, sort and segregate 100,000 tonnes of waste for recycling and fuel production.
This Design & Build Project commenced on site in May 2021 and was completed in October 2022.
The Factory build and fit-out with highly specialist plant features:
- 3,600m2, 14-meter high new build portal frame production facility
- Office accommodation and welfare facilities
- External yard containing large attenuation and interceptor systems
- Extensive civil package
- Fire and flame detection systems interfaced with a dual deluge and targeted fire suppression systems to protect the facility.
- Odour treatment systems, sensors and controls with bulk carbon silos,
- Complex electrical and mechanical systems, including compressed air, HVAC, and Gas suppression.
- The LV switchgear and HV works to the site transformer
- Weighbridge in and out & Weighbridge cabin
Our partners were Albert Fry Associates, Structural and Civil engineers. Semple & McKillop, Mechanical & Electrical Consultants and Taggart, IST Architects.
CEF 2022 Finalist for GB & RoI General Construction Projects of the Year Awards Projects above £2.5m
|WDR & RT Taggart