RNLI Enniskillen Lifeboat Station
The new inland RNLI Enniskillen Lifeboat Station is located on Killadeas Road, Gublusk Bay.
The modern purpose-built lifeboat station is located close to the lough to allow for an efficient launch of its inshore lifeboat. The station also houses the associated launching tractor and equipment, full crew changing facilities, a workshop, an office, and a training room.
The building is designed with a heating system which allows the heat to be drawn from the ground and produced inside keeping the temperature at an ambient 16 degrees Celsius. The excess is used to heat the water for showering, washing up and cleaning the vessels. The building is also fitted with solar panels on the roof to generate electricity.
- Formation of a new access road
- Construction of Lifeboat Station, traditionally built
- Roof completed in standing seam zinc
- Aluminium windows and external doors
- Complete Mechanical and Electrical installations to include passenger lift, Ground Source Heat Pump, Air Source Heat Pump and Under Floor Heating
- Complete internal fit-out package, which included changing facilities, crew room, offices and workshop.
- A reinforced concrete launch ramp has been constructed, complete with a floating pontoon
- External areas finished in tarmac, concrete paviors and planting.
- The site is secured with new boundary fencing.
|Killadeas, Co. Fermanagh