Moyola Park Football Club, Castledawson
Built by Woodvale Construction Company, this project was for the provision of a full size FIFA 3rd generation artificial turf playing pitch, a new grass training pitch, the erection of a new clubhouse and changing facilities.
The development includes dugouts, pitch and ground perimeter fencing, car parking, a 200 seat covered accommodation stand and a pavilion with four team changing rooms, two officials’ changing areas, an indoor multi sport area, a committee room and toilet facilities for spectators.
- The ground conditions were very challenging
- This required the use of geotextiles and a large quantity of stone
- A temporary access road was required through a neighbouring property – this required extensive stakeholder liaison
- The project included for tree felling
- The electricity poles and overhead cables running across the site had to be relocated. These were put underground. This required meticulous planning and programme management due to the Health & Safety issues
|Architect||McGurk Chartered Architects|
|Location||Moyola Park Football Club|
|Sectors||Sport and Leisure|