Waterside Shared Village project
The Waterside Shared Village project is a flagship EU Peace IV Programme project providing an iconic ‘transformative shared space’ for the neighbouring Irish Street and Top of the Hill communities to jointly programme and deliver shared education, sport, health, and well-being, cultural and primary/secondary after school provision.
- The single-storey community building has a gross floor area of 1, 075 m2
- Multi-purpose meeting rooms
- Community kitchen
- Office space
- Changing facilities.
- Extensive sports facilities comprising of a multi-sport grass pitch and a 3G synthetic pitch for Rugby, Gaelic, and Soccer
- Floodlit Tennis courts (4 No.)
- Cricket training area with practice nets
- Associated landscaping and car parking facilities
- Natural gas-fired condensing boilers
- BMS Controls
The project delivered 186.00 employment weeks to apprentices, placement students, and unemployed people from the local community.
The project was completed and handed over in September 2022
|Mullarkey Pedersen Architects