Official Opening Of The Olympia Sports village
Pictured at the official opening of the Olympia Sports village are Woodvale’s Robert Ewing, Declan McCann and Brian Kelly with Deirdre Hargey Lord Mayor of Belfast, Yvonne Conway, Ivor Sampson, Woodvale and Andy Priest, Edmond Shipway and Paul Roulston Belfast City Council. The Olympia Sports Village which was constructed adjacent to the new Olympia Leisure facility with linkages to the IFA National Football Stadium.
The new facilities relocated at the West end of the new Olympia Leisure facility and extended to the Boucher Road; the project comprised of:
- A tree lined boulevard including feature lighting and enlarged silhouetted artwork
- A car park for the leisure facilities c.200 spaces
- 2nd Synthetic Sports Pitches inc. fencing & floodlighting
- Children’s Play Park and associated equipment
- A sports pavilion and associated spectator stand
- Landscaping of the potential development sites
- CCTV & Security installations
- Extensive drainage works and pitch attenuation
- Demolition of the existing Olympia Leisure facility
- All other works as described in the Works Information
The project was delivered in a phased approach to ensure the Olympia Leisure facilities, one pitch (whether new or existing) and the adjacent National Football Stadium remained operational throughout the construction phases.